The next generation of 3PL software. With powerful market-leading tools in one centralised platform Consignly provides an alternative to traditional 3PL software. Consignly provides a solution for Dedicated 3PL Providers, Transport Companies offering 3PL services, and Suppliers.
How does it work?
iCOS LIVE is an online transport and logistics management software application with features such as real-time track and trace, customer online job booking, dispatch, and proof of delivery. With this integration, Consignly users can automatically push consignments through to iCOS LIVE when they are ready to dispatch, ready to receive, or in progress. The status of each consignment will be visible on a dashboard widget in the Consignly app giving users complete visibility over their operations. Don't use iCOS LIVE? Check out our other TMS integrations here.
How do Consignly and iCOS Live Integrate?
In Consignly, there’s a concept of Clients (that your holding goods for), Carriers (that you’re using to transport the goods to your client’s customer), and Consignees (the people you’re delivering your client’s goods to).
The integration is triggered by moving the outwards consignment to a ‘ready to dispatch’ status. If a carrier isn’t assigned when it moves into that status, then the integration won’t trigger.
iCOS only supports creates, not updates.This means if you change the consignment details after the integration has triggered, those updates won’t flow through to iCOS
Upon moving to ‘ready to dispatch’ the integration process is triggered immediately from Consignly’s end, however it can take a few minutes for the messaging to move through the system and get processed by iCOS – so it won’t appear instantaneously.
Then, in terms of data flow back the other way, once you’ve completed a job in iCOS that has been pushed from Consignly, that information will get provided back to Consignly.
At the moment we’re monitoring for delivery complete events, with optional POD information.
If a delivery is completed, Consignly will tell you who completed it, who signed for it, and store a copy of the signature in the Consignment POD tab.
At the same time the consignment will automatically move into the Complete status.
What's the Setup Process?
To get started, you’ll need to contact iCOS via email@example.com and:
- Request that the integration for Consignly be turned on
Provide them information about who you are so they know which iCOS account to activate
Request the carrier code for your account (this will be a number that looks something like 121771)
Request the EDI Recipient code for your iCOS installation (this might look something like DYN)
- The subscription name is a friendly name entered by you to identify the iCOS installation (as some clients operate more than one iCOS account this screen allows you to name different configurations to make it easy to understand what’s what)
- The carrier code will be the number provided by iCOS
- The EDI recipient will be a code provided by iCOS
- The iCOS Commodity is a text value that will go out on all goods lines sent through to iCOS. Some iCOS customers use commodity to help with their freight rating.
- A limitation of this integration is that there can only be a single commodity value that applies to all goods detail lines
- This can be left blank
- Next you choose which carriers you want Consignly to monitor for integration.
- You may have more than one carrier configured in an integration
- Lastly, you tell Consignly which clients you want to monitor.
In the example iCOS screen below, the account number is the number circled at the bottom-right.
- Again, you may monitor more than one client for each configuration.
- Clicking CREATE INTEGRATION will set up the integration appropriately.